I’ve been working behind the scenes with 4 other fantastic bloggers (Taming the Goblin, The Golden Gleam, One Perfect Day, and Play Activities) to bring something special to our readers and the blogging community. We noticed that there was a serious lack of places to promote great parenting blogs. Besides Pinterest and Facebook, there isn’t a designated place just for parenting posts.
You know the posts I’m talking about…the posts that you read and say “Wow, that’s exactly how I feel!”. The ones that bring a tear to your eyes, make you laugh out loud at the hilarity of raising children, or that help solve a certain behavior problem you’ve been having with your child. These are the posts that truly make a difference in this adventure we call Parenthood, and we thought that they needed a special place to shine.
So, we have decided to highlight these posts by starting a weekly linky party just about parenting. We will each be featuring our favorite posts from the prior week on our blogs, plus pinning to our board, and sharing them wherever we can! We hope that it’s a great resource for you and that you find some inspiration along the way.
Since this is our first linky party, I thought I’d start off by highlighting my top 5 parenting posts I’ve come across. I found all these posts from my Parenting Help Pinterest Board. They each have a different flavor and are special in their own way. I hope that they show just how vast of a topic parenting can be.
1. On How to Make Friends – Crayon and Freckles. This post is a personal story about one Mom who wants to help her child with something that she struggles with herself. It’s a beautiful post that is a must read.
2. Toddler Diaper Changes – Parenting, Illustrated with Crappy Pictures. Every post by this blogger is amazingly funny. Not just a little chuckle funny…a serious laugh out loud funny. This post is one of my favorites, but I suggest you stay a while over there and read more of her posts…they are great!
3. A Better Bedtime – A Mom with A Lesson Plan. I read this post and thought “brilliant!”. Such great advice on how to make bedtime easier for everyone in the family. Great tips!
4. Dear Mom Who Feels Like She’s Failing – Finding Joy. This comes from one of my favorite parenting blogs and is in a fantastic series of “Dear Mom” posts. I believe that any Mom can relate to this post. It’s one of those posts where you swear she’s talking to you, and she gets it. It’s like having an old friend comfort you right when you need it. This is another blog that I suggest you spend lots of time reading. It’s amazing.
5. 20 Ways to Reset When Your Kids are Having a Bad Day - The Pennington Point. We’ve all had those days where you need to just start over. You wish that you could just begin the day again (or get it over with as fast as possible). This post gives 20 fun ways of resetting and getting the day back on track.
I hope you enjoy theses posts and that you get a little taste of what Sundays are going to be like around here. Now…
Welcome to The Sunday Parenting Party!!!!